Blackberry has launched new BlackPad tablet along with their new operating system. But there is a minor fault that we don’t know the real name of this product we call it so because RIM have announced it. As they have announced it they called it professional tablets this means that it has established for the users that are already using the BlackBerry smart phones. This combination means the transfer of data on the bigger screen. This can be done using Bluetooth connection. Through all this we can’t say that playbook is only for the users of Blackberry. By its specifications we can know that it contains a 7 inch screen, 1GHz core CPU etc. Here are some more specifications of this product of Blackberry:
- BlackBerry Tablet OS with support for symmetric multiprocessing
- 7” LCD, 1024 x 600, WSVGA, capacitive touch screen with full multitouch and gesture support
- 1 GB RAM o 1 GHz dual-core processor
- Dual HD cameras (3 MP front facing, 5 MP rear facing), supports 1080p HD video recording
- Wi-Fi – 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Audio playback: MP3, AAC, WMA
- Video playback: 1080p HD Video, H.264, MPEG, DivX, WMV
- HDMI video output
- Connectors: microHDMI, microUSB, charging contacts
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- Measures 5.1”x7.6”x0.4” (130mm x 193mm x 10mm)
- Weighs less than a pound (approximately 0.9 lb or 400g)
- Open, flexible application platform with support for WebKit/HTML-5, Adobe Flash Player 10.1, Adobe Mobile AIR, Adobe Reader, POSIX, OpenGL, Java.
We can’t say that it is only a business tablet but it is in the competition with iPad on the basis of its specifications. But not on the battery life which is not explained by RIM’s. But it should be nearer to iPad’s battery life that is 10 hours.
This is one of the big draw backs that has not answered yet but there is also another major draw back and that is application support. RIM’s announced that it can support many kinds of applications but till now they don’t have introduce any kind of application store.
Blackberry Playbook tablet:
As the mobile market is growing day by day, the companies of mobiles are providing extra functionalities to their users in extension to ordinary facilities. So it is not suitable for RIM’s not to announce a separate application store for their products. This announcement is not announced by the officials yet.
The most important thing about any product is its price. If RIM’s introduce its price $500 then the new tablet users would be attracted toward this but if its price is $1000 like Samsung Galaxy Tab then the situation will be totally different from this.
Blackberry has done a great job by adding the hardware specifications to the tablet to the playbook. Now the real thing is the actual software and its price. If they are according to what they have announced then RIM’s can attract many customers toward itself and a reason to get attached its loyal customers to it. But the lack of application store is still a big problem.