If your computer is slow and needs a file backup then, Windows PC optimization help is the solution. You can improve the speed of your computer and how you use it. All you have to do is to ensure the following steps are done.
NOTE: This guide is meant for people who have Windows XP/VISTA/7. The tool used for this purpose is Microsoft SyncToy (which is available as a free download)
Create And Keep A File Backup
Viruses, corrupted files and hard drives causes the computer to work slow. It lowers the productivity of a computer, thus making it difficult for a person to use the PC. Following are some steps to create a backup and speed up the performance of your computer:
1- Microsoft Synctoy:
- Install the Microsoft Synctoy.
- Open it.
- You will also need a storage device.
2- Backup My Documents:
- Just to test, you can make a backup of My Documents.
- To do so, create a folder of “MY DOCUMENTS BACKUP” on your external storage device.
3- Sync The Folder:
- With the help of Microsoft SyncToy, sync the “My Documents” folders in the Backup folder created in step 2.
- Create a new folder pair at the bottom of the Synctoy file.
4- Left – Right Sync
- The folder created in step 4 works in a left right pattern.
- All you have to do is browse it.
- In simple words, on the left hand side click on “MY DOCUMENTS”. While on the right side, click on “MY DOCUMENTS BACKUP”.
- Then click on OK.
- The folder you want to be synced should always be on the left side.
- By clicking next, you will be able to see three options.
- People prefer clicking on the option “Synchronize”.
- This allows the folder to sync from left to right i.e. from “MY DOCUMENTS” to “MY DOCUMENTS BACKUP”
- After clicking next, you will see an option of ”FINISH”
7- Repeat Steps:
- If you have many folders to be synced, then just repeat the 7 steps again.
Now when you have created all folders, it is time to run them. Just click on “ALL FOLDER PAIRS” and then “RUN ALL.” Only the first sync will take the longest time as all the files will be copied.