My neighbor works for a fortune 500 company. I don’t know what he does exactly but he got a 10mbps internet connection attached to his WiFi router. He is mostly not home till late in the evening. so all this bandwidth sits idle all day. such a waste!
I did try to connect to this router many times but it kept asking for a password. That son of gun must have it encrypted it. So what should I do, It is a sin to have a 10mbps wireless in range and not hack it. Its a sin. Too much for love thy neighbor..Let’s hack his Wi-Fi (For Educational Purpose of course )
And, by the way, I am his neighbor too… and he even won’t share his Wi-Fi with me.. what and A*s. He is more than welcome to use my 1Mbps DSL anytime. I have not put a password on it because I believe in sharing.
So, My quest for hacking my neighbor’s Wi-Fi (For Educational Purpose Only) has begun, I have done some initial research and found that I would need following tools
CommView for Wi-Fi
WEP Key Recovery
Let’ me find them on some forums etc…
Step by Step notes of what I am planning to do..
- Install Commview, then paste the included “cv.exe” to the directory you installed it to (c:program filescommviewwifi)
- Open commview and install the commview drivers to a card. It should prompt you about your card and than automatically install the driver. It is important that you have 1 card that works with commview or else the rest of the tutorial will not work
- Go to the “rules” tab and check “enable advanced rules”
- Type in the box labled formula “tods=1 and dmac=FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF” then type a name for your formula in the box labled name and than click add/edit.
- This should now appear in the upper box. if it is not checked, check it.
- Click settings>options>memory usage and turn maximum packets in buffer to 20000 (max). If it prompts you to restart it, do so. There are three funnel looking things on the main menu bar of commview. uncheck all but the first one (one labled “capture data packets”)
- Click the play button and scan for the network you want to crack.
- Once you have found it, drag the channel menu down to the desired channel and click capture.
- Now using your other adapter thats not capturing, connect to the password protected network. when it asks you for key, type in something random, i used 1234567890.
- It should now say connected with limited connectivity.
- Go back to your commview menu and click on the packets tab. you should see a couple of packets.
- Looking at the protocol column, you should see a couple labled IP/UDP, ARP REQ, and a couple of others. Right click on any packet labled “ARP REQ” and than click send packet, and selected. A mini menu should now appear.
- On the mini menu, change packets per second to 2000, and rather than 1 time(s), click continuously, and Then click send.
- Go back to the main commview window and go to the rules tab, and uncheck the rule you made.
- You are now injecting and you should see the number of packets rising really fast.
- Save the packets, you have to save every 20000 packets, click file, save and than in the save dialogue, remember where you saved it, and instead of saving it as an ncf file, save it as a “dump” .cap file.
- Extract the Aircrack-NG folder.
- open aircrack-ng-GUI that can be found in the map “bin” and select the files you saved, and than click launch.
- Look at the list of IV’s you have, and select the network you want to crack , there should be a list of a lot of them, chose the one with the most IVs.
- You are connected to your neighbor’s Wi-Fi. Buy him some nice gift as he just let you use his 4Mbps connection :p