Is This Your Server Room?

Posted on 24 September 2008

Now this is how your server room should never look like. These server rooms are disgrace for all they teach in IT Schools about structured cabling and redundancy. These pictures are collected over time from different websites, emails and friends. They are probably best examples of how not to setup your corporate server room. I don’t know how people get away with this but they do. The systems administrators should quit or be fired for being too lazy. BTW, Is this your server room?

People who liked this Post also read

• This Is How Your Server Room Should Be!
    A few days back I posted a story on worst server rooms. I think now it is time to share with you how a server room or data center should look like. I don't know if these examples are practical or not but sure they look very beautiful. They surely reflect ...
  • Someone Else is Using My Computer; Problem Solved
    I am sure these simple steps have solved your problem now. Even after doing all this you should also make it sure that you are running firewall because cracking passwords is not a big hurdle to crackers. Firewalls are designed to keep others from committi...
  • 10 Systems For Your Server Room – Part-1
    Last year, voting was held for the Third Annual ServerWatch Product Excellence Awards. That was a reader-driven program which held for two years. The results were as expected. While in few cases history repeated and patterns remained the same, in rest, n...

This post was written by:

R. MAK. - who has written 230 posts on ixibo.

How Should I describe me?... Well! I am a simple dude, who likes to indulge in intelligent conversation with an intelligent people, specially on technology topics hope you are one of them :p

Popular Tags

28 Responses to “Is This Your Server Room?”

1. MoiN says:

looks like world call’s office

2. Ashish says:

Well, system admins MUST organize the server rooms in order to avoid any sort of disasters. But sometimes they are pressed for time and they don’t care of organizing it.

Industry don’t give enough attention or i should say time and money to clear up this mess as this seems unproductive to them.

But very good point.

Ashishs last blog post..Free PHP-AJAX Chat applications

3. R. MAK. says:

Looks More Like LiveAdmins to me ;)

R. MAK.s last blog post..Is This Your Server Room?

4. paras says:

IT’s Quite RISKY to be in this kind of server rooms !!

GOD BLESS THEM !!!!!!

parass last blog post..If ONE DAY……Poem

5. Danny says:

The two bream being slowly cured looks like a great idea to me.
    I hope it catches on.

6. The network administrators of those organization ought to be strongly rebuked. Even if their organization is on a shoe tight budget, it is no excuse for such untidiness.

It is obvious that they will be having a lot of headache managing such servers. 90% of maintainance time will be wasted sorting through bad-tangled cables.

Naija Businesss last blog post..Nigerian Infopreneurs And The Burden Of Integrity

7. Michael says:

I hope this is not Google´s server.

Michaels last blog post..Cloud-capped

8. Emanuele says:

Oh my God!
    Emanuele

Emanueles last blog post..Voglia di lei.

9. Ben says:

Wow, go figure, all you geeks and nerds sit here and complain…”I hope this is not Google´s server.” “The network administrators of those organization ought to be strongly rebuked. Even if their organization is on a shoe tight budget, it is no excuse for such untidiness…..”"IT’s Quite RISKY to be in this kind of server rooms !!” BUT THEN YOU GO TO THE TOTAL OPPOSITE OF THAT AT https://ixibo.com/index.php/2008/09/29/this-is-how-your-server-room-should-be/ . And all you crying little bitches are about….”pain in the ass is more like it. Try tracing a cable when you have to with 7 tie wraps every 2 feet…” “While they may look pretty they are still forgetting one key factor. There is no labeling to be found.
    So when that bumbling idiot replaces a piece of hardware and just disconnects everything you have no clue where it goes.”. You are the reason that normal people usually hate sys admins and IT depts. you cant have it both ways, you have got to be the stupidest bunch of smart people that I have seen on the net in quite a while. And don’t bother responding to this & attacking me, I’ll probably never come back to read it. And I would HATE to take any of your precious D&D or WoW time….and if you absolutely have to, then go right ahead, just remember the old adage…..”arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics, regardless if you win or not, your still retarded.”

10. rick says:

No, my server room has a ton more labeling, but looks about like that. Maybe some twistyties here and there.

11. captain picard says:

Ben’s head looks like a fanny!

12. Crazy Animal says:

That’s really crazy. I wonder how can a tech work with that very nice and jungle like server room.

Crazy Animals last blog post..Very Versatile Baby

13. Ted says:

What the hell…the server room with the fish must smell like sh¡t!

14. Erwin says:

Well actually i guess it would smell like fish. Don’t know what your shit smells like but usually not like fish. :P

15. Ryan G says:

Seeing those fish just cracked me up! What a great idea!!

16. mikemos says:

I like the fish drying. Lots of dry heat = cure your fish. It’s resourceful.

17. Tom says:

WTF at the random fish? hahaha

18. Immortaly007 says:

HOw tht ehell did those fish get there.

19. Butthawk says:

Piss poor job!
    Sure sign of ametures,probably kids.

20. Straderade says:

As bas as this is, it really does not surprise me since I have seen this if not worse in times past which is horrible.

Not sure how they fix, check, implement new stuff with this kind of mess going on ?!?

21. anonymity says:

never ever judge the book from the cover.. they maybe messy.. but they could me much fast and more efficient to repair if something goes wrong..

22. latincrow81 says:

actually the one with the fish seems pretty neat, no spaghetti coming out or things equilibrating…maybe he goes fishing in his lunch breaks..heheh

23. Jericon says:

Don’t dis the SysAdmins. Many of them don’t work in this kind of environment and actually work on the systems themselves. I speak from first hand experience as I work for a major hosting provider. We have Hosting Techs and Hardware teams that handle all of our racking and installation of hardware. Us SysAdmins sit at our desk all day and actually run the systems.

24. joe says:

@Ben – maybe it just shows that given any situation, we can find ways to make it better

re: “regardless if you win or not, your still retarded” – says the guy who took the time to quote posts from 2 articles.

PS – “you’re” still retarded…